The Word of God...
- Is eternal - "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of God endures forever." - Isa. 40:8
- Is powerful - "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart" - Heb 4:12
- Guides us - "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." - Psalm 119:105
- Refreshes us - "The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul" -Psalm 19:7
- Corrects us - "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." - 2 Timothy 3:16
- Leads us to Jesus - "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word." - Hebrews 1:3
This list could go on and on. Take a minute to meditate on the following passage about God's Word:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-14)
Wait a minute? Is that pronoun right? He, the Word? Yes. He, the Word. The Word of God became flesh... Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ fulfills every prophecy made about him hundreds of years before He walked on the earth. Jesus Christ IS God's Word in human form. He became like us (Philippians 2) born in a manger (Luke 2), over 2000 years ago, forever to change history.
Ask God for a supernatural revelation of his Word to you personally in this Christmas season. His Word is LIVING, so no matter how many times you've read that passage, it can come alive to teach you in a fresh, new way.
Resting in the peace God's Word provides,