1. 5 weeks left of school and I've heard the last one doesn't count.
2. Ben and I met a man tonight named Tony. His story is incredible, but my mind is racing and I can't articulate it yet... more to come another time.
3. We started watching Friday Night Lights. Only watched the pilot, but I think I'm gonna like it.
4. Current read: The Global Achievement Gap. The premise - why/ how even the best schools in America don't educate our students to keep up with peers world wide and what the implications are. I'm hoping it offers some ideas besides the general, "revamp everything" which seems to be simultaneously popular and impossible these days.
5. Speaking of education, I'm trying to find the balance between helping students learn how to learn and not hand-holding in order to teach individual responsibility. I haven't yet found the balance. Suggestions?
6. Ben and I are coming up on one year of marriage. wow. so fast.
7. Job hunting in Nebraska - looking forward to starting private piano lessons again too. I miss having students one-on-one. The actual music-teaching component has a different type of meaning too.
8. We went on a couples retreat with our sunday school class this weekend - very cool. Great speaker. More on that another time.
9. My parents are coming over for dinner this weekend for Mother's Day. I think this is how you know you're all grown up (when your parents start coming to your place for dinner). We're gonna eat Mexican! yummm :)
Adios for now,