Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

847-840-4780

I mourned a loss today.  The loss of the only phone number I ever had.  A good, faithful phone number, it has stuck by me since I was 16 and got my first cell phone.  (This was before 10 year old's had cell phones.)  I betrayed it at the sprint store, sending it off into cyber space.  The sprint guy said, "now, are you sure?  because, when I click the button, off it goes for someone else to grab it in Chicago."  Heartless. He didn't understand.  (jk, he was actually really nice!)

My main near-future teaching goal is to teach private piano and voice lessons at our home in Lincoln (or in local studios, high schools, etc...) Several people suggested having a local phone number for advertising purposes.  As Ben's grandpa put it, people might feel like they're calling China if they call a random 847 number off an ad. I knew these people were right - it'd be easier to advertise with a local number.


We changed numbers right after signing a new lease for a rental house.  It all felt very symbolic - new state, new job, new house, new phone number, new season of life. (To tell the truth, I even felt a little emotional! I can't believe I'm admitting this on the internet, and I certainly didn't show it in the Sprint store...) but it's a new start.  In every season, though, the Lord is faithful.  And he will be in this upcoming one.  Of that, I am certain.

Meanwhile, my long time friends who probably have that faithful old phone number memorized, mourn the loss and then kick it to the curb because 847-840-4780 is out and 402-840-9160 is in.  (Nice of cyber space to randomly assign the first 3 digits the same isn't it... it knew I couldn't stand to loose all 7 digits I guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment