Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

6:59 am

we are on vacation in sweet home Chicago - visiting family and friends and headed to an awesome wedding of a very dear friend. 
i love being here, espeically now that it feels like a vacation and not like daily life.  i get to see many of my favorite people in one 5-day stint, and our time here is always a blessing.

in true vacation form, my body woke me up at 5:00 this lovely Friday morning.  i tried to resist it for half an hour. rolled around. closed my eyes. tried to stop dreaming about harry potter (i finished the 5th book at midnight.)  but alas, i was up.  so i embraced it.

went downstairs, made tea, got some breakfast and read the Bible. 
6:45 rolls around and my parents are up but the house is still pretty quiet. what to do, what to do?  so i reheated the rest of my tea and cozied up to the computer to read some blogs and browse the web.

i stumbled across this video (which already has 2.2 million views) but in case you are not one of those people who has already viewed it, i HAD to share it. 

and yes, i was extremely teary at the end of it, by 6:59 am on a Friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment