Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

girl

Well it's been a few days weeks since I wrote last. 
I'm sitting in Denver, slightly teary-eyed before my computer screen after reading this blog post and thinking about the sweet baby girl that will make her earthly debut 21-ish weeks from now.
 
oh, you didn't hear? 
yeah, baby! we're thinking pink bows and frills over here.

After much debate, we decided to find out the gender of little baby Cook at the 20 week ultrasound.  For the first 10-15 weeks, I was thinking boy, but then a little 'click' inside me went 'girl' and I knew on some level (of course one can't be completely sure) that she was a little girl.  So when the ultrasound tech told us, I can't say I was completely surprised.  But I can admit to being completely overwhelmed.  Seeing her on that screen - moving around, even waving and kicking her legs.  Wow.  The minute we walked out the door with that long strip of pictures in our hands, I was full of tears (and on my way back to work!)  Ben popped his arm around me, pulling me into his shoulder and we walked back to the car in awe.  When we got in the car, I giggled through tears and said "A little baby girl...I didn't think I would get so emotional," and we both laughed out loud.  [Because let's be honest, what doesn't get me emotional these days?! But we can save those stories for another time.]

19 weeks and counting,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment